FCSS / Parent Link Center
|Family and Community Support Services|
Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) is a 80/20 funding partnership between the province and the municipality. Under FCSS, our community designs and delivers social programs that are preventive in nature to promote and enhance well-being among individuals, families, and communities. The programs depend on our community resources, often involving volunteers in management and delivery.
The FCSS philosophy is based on a belief that self help contributes to a sense of integrity, self-worth and independence. The programs developed are intended to help individuals in our community to adopt healthy lifestyles, thereby improving the quality of life and build the capacity to prevent and or deal with crisis situations should they arise.
To build strong communities through positive caring interaction and mutual respect.
- To encourage and facilitate cooperation and coordination with allied service agencies operating within the municipality. Thus FCSS is legally obligated to work with others. To promote, encourage and facilitate the involvement of volunteers;
- To promote efficient and effective use of resources;
- To promote, encourage and facilitate the developement of stronger communitues;
- To promote citizen participation in planning, delivery and governance of the programs and services provided under the FCSS program.
- Information exchange- for networking and general shared awareness.
- Short term help- mentoring- FCSS providing practical help, or helping to make connections between individuals and agencies with common interests.
- Planning joint events- FCSS as initiator or one partner in a community event.
- Planning and carrying out community processes- FCSS as initiator, facilitator or participant to involve many people in identifying and responding to community needs.
- Contracted arrangements for the purpose of providing specific services- FCSS programs can be both contractors of services and contracted service providers.
What Swan Hills FCSS has to offer:
- Parent Link and Early Childhood Programs Click here for the March 2017 Calendar
The Parent Link Centre is located in the Town Office Building directly to your left when you walk through the main doors. We provide a variety of programs for children 0-6. In Partnership with the Parent Link Network and the WhiteSwanFox ECMap Project, our focus will be to improve the development of children from birth to six, in the five domains of learning, to ensure they are school ready. For more information or to volunteer, please contact Trina or Gloria.
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD)
Swan Hills FCSS provides information and referrals to clients that suspect they are affected by FASD. This includes caregivers and family and the client themselves. We will direct you to the proper agencies for diagnosis and support.
We also provide information and resources about FASD to the community at large. Our goal is to create awareness around the facts and prevention of alcohol and pregnancy. For more information please contact our office at the numbers below.
- Information and Referals for Seniors
Swan Hills FCSS provides information and support to seniors in our community, needing assistance with applications, services, and other agency referals.
***We do not at this time, have a Transportation or Home Care program****
- Family School Liaison
In partnership with Pembina Hills Region Division #7 and FCSS, the Family School Liaison works closely with school staff and students to help teach the importance of kindness and being a good person.
Trina Molnar- FCSS Director and Program Facilitator
Trina has worked for FCSS for almost 6 years, 3 of those as Director. She is passionate about helping people and building a stronger more resilient community.
Gloria Hamelin- Parent Link and Early Childhood Coordinator / Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Client Care Worker
Savi Azim- Early Childhood Coordinator
Carrie Rushoway - Early Childhood Coordinator
Tanya Thomas - Family school Liason
For more information on any of our services please contact 780-333-4119 or 780-333-2663.
Our Office Hours are from 10am-3pm on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.